I've been really busy this week doing other stuff so I wasn't able to get as much progress done as I wanted too, so this will be a short update.
As of last week, I cut out all the drawings at the correct size. Using these drawings, I cut sections of PVC pipe at specific angles and lengths, to create the arching tubes above the set.
I created the recessed area for the organ, and all the pipes were glued and assembled together. As of 10 minutes ago, literally, here is the set with rivets glued on, more piping, and the two walls on the sides test fitted (I had no idea there were aquariums on both sides of the salon)
By the next update, my goal is the get the main bulk of the set done and have a good start on the organ. Hopefully this scene won't take too long, because I want all of September for the squid fight scene. But with the lack of free time that I've been having, the chance of that is pretty slim.